Blocks mold-supporting nutrients. Unlike most other protectants that must be applied to dry wood, SurfaceShield and SurfaceShield Plus can be applied to building materials with a moisture content of 11%–30%. Used as the final step on remediation jobs or in new construction, it protects against damage and staining from mold and mildew. Ideal for a variety of porous surfaces including wood, concrete, paper, drywall, and more. Available in U.S. only.
- A breathable barrier with a permeability rating of 11–14 allows water to evaporate while blocking mold-supporting nutrients from migrating to the surface
- Two options: Clear that doesn’t affect materials’ appearance, or white-tinted Plus version to show coverage
- Contains an EPA-registered preservative to inhibit the growth of mold and mildew on the dry surface coating
- The unique penetrating formula will not blister or peel as antimicrobial paints can
- Added protection against future water damage and staining from mold and mildew
- The economical, water-thin, low-VOC solution that can be applied with an airless sprayer